Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry
(05-14-2024, 08:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why should i answer yours when you won't answer mine in 5 words or less? 
I asked if Trump becomes POTUS will he turn us into an Authoritarian state, and the answer is no. Your whole premise is based on What If. 
And we can ask GMDino what he thinks about What if's. 

Dino???  "What ifs"? 

You are demaning a sound bite, and making your participation contingent upon that, rather than evidence-based, rational argument?  

Whyever would I assent to that? 

Every voter deciding whom to vote for is basing that decision on a candidate's platform and character.

I.e., every voter is asking "what if" my guy wins? What will follow? How will he behave in office? 

But you think this inevitable voter deliberation inherently flawed?? 

I've never said Trump would turn the US into an Authoritarian state. Seems you, and you alone, are setting that standard,
and then supposing there is nothing at all to worry about if his disruption does not rise to that level. 

What I have argued is that Trump will likely precipitate a constitutional crisis, a crisis of democracy.  AGAIN.

I could not really understand why people denied the signs leading up to the Capitol disaster; now the signs are 
even clearer there will be coming damage. But Trump defenders don't see any big problem ahead.  AGAIN. 

Rather than refute that with counter-evidence, you claim the issue is whether he turns the US into an authoritarian
state, without defining what might count as such, or explaining why we shouldn't worry about a constitutional crisis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Stewy - 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Dill - 05-15-2024, 07:56 PM