Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
People are Sleeping on us, and that's okay
(05-13-2024, 12:13 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: When I've gone through social media and listened to pundits, i'm getting the impression that the Bengals are a second thought to teams like KC, Baltimore, Houston, and San Francisco. People are still high on us, but there's too many outside variables for people to be comfortable with penning us in as the favorites to take down Kansas City.

If Burrow stays healthy,

If the O line can block better.

If the defense isn't as bad.

If you multiple pi by the square root of my girlfriend's ass.

Then maybe, maybe, the Bengals have a shot. It's almost like...it's the same vibes as the the 2021 season.

Honestly, I have tempered expectations going into the season, which is usually a recipe for me having a better time. When the Bengals exceeded my expectations time and time again in '21. it was the most fun I ever had as a Bengals fan. Honestly, I kind of miss those times.

(05-13-2024, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's a wait and see with Burrow. It is what it is.

(05-13-2024, 12:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yep it’s pretty straightforward - going into his fifth year they missed the playoffs during the 2 seasons he was hurt and advanced to a SB and the AFCCG during the two seasons that he wasn’t hurt at the end of the year.

ESPN has the Bengals ranked 9th - behind Miami and Buffalo which I find funny as those teams haven’t done much of anything in the playoffs.

The ‘23 Super Bowl odds (7-21-23) had the Ravens 8th. Why? Because Lamar had missed a lot of games 2 years in a row. The same had us 5th. Now we are 9th. Exact same deal. Nothing more nothing less.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: People are Sleeping on us, and that's okay - Soonerpeace - 05-16-2024, 02:59 PM