Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(05-16-2024, 07:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No because you said:

"Bottomline is if you think Smith is worth 25M AAV, you should think Higgins is worth 25M AAV"

and that is the point.   Many people dont think Higgins is worth what Smith is worth at this point in time.   Personally I like Tee and would love to have him on the team but he isnt worth 25 million a year.  If he comes back this season, stays healthy and can post a 1000+ yard season, he will help himself a lot.  If he gets injured again, struggles to put up good numbers, he will get lower contract offers.  Its all about production.  You either produce at an elite level or you dont.  If you want to be paid like an elite WR, you need to play and produce like one.

Higgins' first three years and Smith's first three years were 1 year apart. 2020 to 2022 vs 2021 to 2023. I was not trying to "trick" anyone by doing that comparison. Your comparison of saying Boyd had 1000 yards 5 seasons ago is so far off the mark, my only takeaway was that you were attempting to be disingenuous.

I left out 2023 because it was the obvious outlier due to injuries and Burrow's ineffectiveness and then injury and I addressed that season later in my post. I compared apples to apples, rather than apples to oranges.

If you are going to hold 2023 against Higgins, a year where absolutely nothing went right or to plan, then enjoy yourself. He went from an elite, all world talent (the very idea of trading Higgins last off season was met with a fanbase-wide guffaw, and a haughty declaration that other teams couldn't afford to trade for someone so valuable. A first and a second round pick minimum just to start the conversation) to gutter trash in some fans eyes after one season. Whew.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league, but not even they're THAT stringent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal - CJD - 05-16-2024, 07:17 PM