Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(05-17-2024, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know I usually agree with you CrazyJDawg, but Tee shouldn't be paid what Dovonta Smith got paid. Should be just under that as that is his
production and Tee is banged up more than Smith. I think someone will pay him that as well, just not us as we need to pay our true #1 in Ja'Marr.

If we could pull it off and pay both what they deserve I would be fine with it, but that doesn't seem like the plan from the FO.

According to his agent, he was asking for 3 years 70M, so 23.3M AAV. I think that's a bargain, but the Bengals apparently never even approached 20M AAV. 

It's a shame our FO never wants to bend their rules to keep the best players in house. They lost Bates over guarantees, now it looks like we're going to lose Higgins too.

Hendrickson is unhappy with his deal, so he's probably gone after his contract. So my big question is who are we actually planning on paying?

Just Joe and Ja'Marr?

The cap space is larger than that. We should be able to keep 3 to 5 major all star players on premium contracts, just like every other team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal - CJD - 05-17-2024, 03:07 PM