Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(05-17-2024, 03:07 PM)CJD Wrote: According to his agent, he was asking for 3 years 70M, so 23.3M AAV. I think that's a bargain, but the Bengals apparently never even approached 20M AAV. 

It's a shame our FO never wants to bend their rules to keep the best players in house. They lost Bates over guarantees, now it looks like we're going to lose Higgins too.

Hendrickson is unhappy with his deal, so he's probably gone after his contract. So my big question is who are we actually planning on paying?

Just Joe and Ja'Marr?

The cap space is larger than that. We should be able to keep 3 to 5 major all star players on premium contracts, just like every other team.

I don't think losing Tee will be as big of a deal as you are making it out to be now that we added Burton and the TE's.

Tee is banged up a lot.

We don't need to pay 2 WR's big money, just one IMO. Keep making the trenches strong and we should be more than fine with Joe, 
Ja'Marr and everybody else on Offense. I am still for bringing Ted Karras back after this year who is a good Center and we all know 
that is hard to find. There may be others that play very good this year that we might need to pay to keep in the SB picture for years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-17-2024, 03:14 PM