Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes
(05-18-2024, 10:37 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I agree the tape could be damning if edited and cherry picked, as is done on both sides. The left is more adept at repeating  snippets and leading the the mob by the nose via said tactic. The right uses other methods, but we'll leave that alone for now to keep things on track.

Yeah let's do that.

(05-18-2024, 10:37 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I agree  every conversation Joe Biden has should not be made public, but this was taxpayer funded, and the reason why he was not charged for decades of possession of documents he did no have access to, should not have had possession of (again for decades), mishandled (again for decades), and stored in multiple unsecured locations. If this interview is the reason he is given a pass for all of that, then I would argue the tapes should be released.

First off, I'd say taxpayer-funded is not a particularly strong argument. Every investigation is, that does not mean every interrogation should be made public. if that were an established rule, politicians would be extra careful what to say and their answers to investigators probably would more resemble a campaign speech. That can only hamper the actual investigations.
Also, I would argue that the public's need to know is more than sufficiently satisfied already. You have the transcripts, Hur's report, he answered questions in Congress. There's no real mystery about why Biden was not charged. Mainly, it's because there's no proof of bad intentions, he did nothing nefarious with the documents and probably had them accidentally, he informed the authorities himself, cooperated fully, gave the documents back and in return got treated like people usually get treated in such instances.

(05-18-2024, 10:37 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Heck, I would think Joe would want them released as the left touts his mental acumen and boundless energy that they cannot even keep up with.

Yeah well... they're probably lying about that.

(05-18-2024, 10:37 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I know you are not arguing specifically that he is fit, or unfit. I think there have been enough incidents that the public should have a more candid view of the the man who could be the president for a second term.

I don't think his conversations with Mr. Hur are a necessity to do that. I also was not aware that I am unspecific about his fitness for the job. I would (and indeed do) argue you run two probably quite un-fit candidates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes - hollodero - 05-18-2024, 12:24 PM