Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes
(05-18-2024, 12:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: First off, I'd say taxpayer-funded is not a particularly strong argument. Every investigation is, that does not mean every interrogation should be made public. if that were an established rule, politicians would be extra careful what to say and their answers to investigators probably would more resemble a campaign speech. That can only hamper the actual investigations.
Also, I would argue that the public's need to know is more than sufficiently satisfied already. You have the transcripts, Hur's report, he answered questions in Congress. There's no real mystery about why Biden was not charged. Mainly, it's because there's no proof of bad intentions, he did nothing nefarious with the documents and probably had them accidentally, he informed the authorities himself, cooperated fully, gave the documents back and in return got treated like people usually get treated in such instances.

Yeah well... they're probably lying about that.

I don't think his conversations with Mr. Hur are a necessity to do that. I also was not aware that I am unspecific about his fitness for the job. I would (and indeed do) argue you run two probably quite un-fit candidates.

I agree taxpayer funded is not a good stance alone, but with the other items, it adds weight IMO. 

If I am not mistaken, once transcripts are released without seeking executive privilege, then the video/audio tapes become fair game, or was the case with Nixon. I agree Biden likely did not have bad intentions, but do not believe DJT had them either. I imagine he had them just to say he had them to placate his ego and look like a big man. That said, they were in a secure location, held for a much shorter time frame, and documents he was allowed to have. The last three did not apply of Joe Biden's documents. I can understand why the line for some maybe be "well Biden cooperated the best," I do not see how those last three points are so easily overlooked. Especially when you consider his son was an addict in the pocket of foreign adversaries and had access to all of the locations where the documents were stored.

The Hunter bit is not all against Joe, just an example of how easily the documents may have been accessed and exposed.

I agree both candidates are terrible, but DJT holds too much sway with the right to be replaced, and Joe's handlers enjoy their current puppet, so he isn't going anywhere either.  I am always curious as to who is writing his cue cards and loading up the teleprompter...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes - FormerlyBengalRugby - 05-18-2024, 12:48 PM