Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes
(05-18-2024, 12:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I agree taxpayer funded is not a good stance alone, but with the other items, it adds weight IMO. 

If I am not mistaken, once transcripts are released without seeking executive privilege, then the video/audio tapes become fair game, or was the case with Nixon. I agree Biden likely did not have bad intentions, but do not believe DJT had them either. I imagine he had them just to say he had them to placate his ego and look like a big man.

Well, imho that's already bad enough.
As for the tapes being fair game, I don't know that. Imho Republicans are free to litigate if they feel they have a case.

(05-18-2024, 12:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: That said, they were in a secure location, held for a much shorter time frame, and documents he was allowed to have

I don't think his Mar-a-Lago bathroom qualifies as secure, but whatever. Mainly I don't know why you think he was allowed to have them. That's what Trump says, it's not true, he had no business having them. It is alleged he showed them around to brag. But most importantly imho, contrary to Biden he did not cooperate, he repeatedly denied having the documents and hence lied to investigators, he played untouchable hardball and got his response. And even if many try to declare Biden to have done the exact same thing as Trump did, I don't see it that way. The two cases are not all similar.

(05-18-2024, 12:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: The last three did not apply of Joe Biden's documents. I can understand why the line for some maybe be "well Biden cooperated the best," I do not see how those last three points are so easily overlooked. Especially when you consider his son was an addict in the pocket of foreign adversaries and had access to all of the locations where the documents were stored.

The Hunter bit is not all against Joe, just an example of how easily the documents may have been accessed and exposed.

I think the Hunter example might be a stretch, but overall I will not disagree. It sure was less than ideal that Biden had classified documents stored in his garage and I'd prefer a president who does not commit such an oversight. I'm not exactly defending Biden when saying that the Trump instance is just considerably worse and more nefarious in my book.

(05-18-2024, 12:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I agree both candidates are terrible, but DJT holds too much sway with the right to be replaced, and Joe's handlers enjoy their current puppet, so he isn't going anywhere either.  I am always curious as to who is writing his cue cards and loading up the teleprompter...

Yeah well, I don't know about that, aside from the fact that like every president he has his speechwriters writing stuff for him. If Biden listens to other people, I would not necessarily consider that a bad thing really. He still has to answer for his deeds and actions nonetheless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes - hollodero - 05-18-2024, 01:16 PM