Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes
(05-18-2024, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What makes you think I know which parts? Anything you have seen has been selectively released to spin a narrative. That is what I am saying. If you base your opinions on the videos released by the House from any point then you are being fed a narrative. I don't see how I have fallen for anything given that I don't watch the videos or really read any news about them other than knowing bits and pieces have been released. I know from the reporting on that day what happened. I know people illegal entered the Capitol, assaulted LEOs, tried to break into the chambers, broke windows, stole property, etc.

January 6th aside, that wouldn't have even needed to occur for me to view the MAGA movement the way I do. Trump has repeatedly shown a preference for autocrats and autocratic tendencies. Unfortunately, he is not the cause of this movement in the GOP; they have been pushing for more power vested in the executive for quite some time and they openly admit that the more people that vote the less likely they are to win, so they look for policy options to suppress the vote.

The MAGA movement and the modern GOP are anti-democratic, and that is specifically with a lower-case d.

I agree a lot of people made bad choices that day. I believe more good people got swept up in the moment and mob mentality, than there were people with true bad intentions. Regardless, if you do something illegal, there should be appropriate consequences.

I agree that people are eating up the narrative they are being fed about 1/6, and as more information comes out, the more truth we will see. Heck, the story of Capitol Officer Harry Dunn has been blown out of the water. I believe their is a journalist with the last name of Baker who is working on a story covering the events. He was in the capitol covering the event, so it will be interesting to see if there is any meat to his coverage.

We will have to agree to disagree about the MAGA movement, as I do not see that at all first hand. Most sides have that extremist percentage, and to judge the whole by that small portion is not something I am up for doing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes - FormerlyBengalRugby - 05-19-2024, 08:27 AM