Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bill Maher disses Trump dictator narrative
Well, Maher warned for years about a "slow moving coup", quite some of his points imho had merit. And this interview doesn't give me the impression that he now suddenly dismisses the idea. Eg. he still said "maybe it will tomorrow" after his the world is not ending line. Imho he's just sick of it all and I can understand that. But I'm fairly certain he still believes in the slow moving coup notion.

He apparently also argued for understanding and tolerance for the other side the country is shared with, which sure is nice. But after several years following US politics and society more closely, I see no chance of that happening. Both sides have not even the slightest interest in any understanding or common ground, the only goal is provoce, fight, dismiss, ridicule, troll, insult. I've seen reasonable people fully capable of a reasonable discourse that lose all interest in that as soon as the enemy is sighted. The same sophisticated people suddenly are filled with disdain and switch their lizard brain on, doing their best to further fend the flames. Your both sides can not even talk to each other any longer, don't even thrive to. Most folks can reasonable talk to someone like me, but with each other, forget it. I for one think what Maher wants is a pipe dream.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Maher disses Trump dictator narrative - hollodero - 05-19-2024, 03:52 PM