Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(05-19-2024, 01:10 PM)pally Wrote: Telling women graduating from college the only thing they are thinking of is being a wife and mother is ridiculous.  Telling them they won't be fulfilled until the give birth is misogynistic.  Saying that at a college founded by a group of educated,  unmarried, childless women who spent their lives devoted to service and God is tone deaf

Why do men think they know better than women what is best for them?  These are smart young women,  They don't need Harrison Bukner telling them to stay at home and make babies.

Why is it we never see speeches by men telling other men how to be fulfilled and happy by serving their wives?

LOL I think you'll be told that it is GOD deciding what is best for women, not "men," who only wish to carry out His will.

Reading that speech reminded a bit of the pre-cana presentation my wife-to-be and I went through back in 1977.

One priest said that men and women were "equal partners" in marriage with the husband having the final say. 

I asked how that could be possible; business partners would not think themselves equal if one had the final say,
and found myself "called out" for bad attitude. No real answer forthcoming. You just accept the contradiction. 

But you are right; Butker's speech defines marriage and children as the true vocation of women--degreed or not. And
he laments those who stray from the path and move in with partners before they are married, along with those who
plan how many children they'll have. Right out of the Middle Ages. He is definitely demanding Catholics return to 
the strictest Catholic teachings and confront the secular non-Catholic world which "lies" to us about fundamental values. 

And he reminds men it is they who "set the tone of the culture." Absent that manly assertion, there is only "disorder, dysfunction, and chaos."

Maybe Alito needs to read the transcript and remember his role as husband. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol - Dill - 05-21-2024, 11:37 AM