Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-22-2024, 11:23 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's a catholic school commencement address, you kind of expect the sort of stuff he says to come out. IMO, mostly eyeroll worthy content. The most being the whole "but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world" line. Projecting your desires/expectations/values onto others is about as cringeworthy as it gets.

It's whatever. He's an authority on kicking a prolate spheroid through beams that are 18.5 feet apart, nothing else.

This is pretty expected.  I grew up Catholic, so every so often I was subjected to a "pep talk" of sorts from someone who was "cool" and/or "successful" regarding how being a Catholic isn't as lame and needlessly restrictive as it feels. There is only so much the same old weirdo priest dudes who don't get any can try to assure you being Catholic is worth it before they need to tag in someone who gets laid and/or doesn't fiddle with you to promote the brand.

With that being said, he's up there giving the commencement speech because he's really good at kicking a football, not because he has a wife and kids.  On a more serious note, this stuff is really going to throw a spanner in the Chiefs plan to turn everyone into an ultra woke lib.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Nately120 - 05-22-2024, 02:00 PM