Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-22-2024, 07:47 PM)Dill Wrote: ?? I've defended Islam, the religion, somewhere?? and with "vigor"?? Or do you just mean I've defended Muslims against bigotry?
Don't care what kind of Catholic Biden is or whether his beliefs align with "the majority of Catholics."

No, you defend Islam.  When I pointed out, correctly, that Islam is a regressive ideology pretty much everywhere it predominates you had an aneurysm.  Maybe you're allergic to facts?

Quote:I posted because you said "The man stated his opinion and didn't denigrate anyone else."  

He clearly did just that. Having an opinion is "denigration" if it defames, devalues and belittles someone.

If someone opined "all black people are lazy," who would defend him by saying "Well no, that was just an opinion. Having one can't denigrate anyone."

Hyperbole is not a winning argument.

Quote:??? The claim was that marriage and children are a woman's true calling; men need to assert their masculinity to take control of the culture. 

Do you agree with that? 

No, but he does.  I also don't think it's worth getting upset over. 

Quote:There are quite a few things you DO go into a tailspin over. Why take the time to express your feeling in this case if you don't?
I don't believe I called for him to be fired. And knock against him is not that he's "alone" in what he believes.

I do?  You'll have to find one for me.  I didn't say you wanted him fired.  But some people have called for exactly that.

Quote:I'm "hardly alone" when I disagree that marriage and children are a woman's true calling and men need to assert their masculinity
to take control of the culture, but the appeal to numbers generally doesn't secure value judgments. 

Clearly, as most Islamic countries demonstrate on a daily basis.  Refresh our memory again, how are women treated there?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-22-2024, 08:49 PM