Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-23-2024, 12:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe it's just because I remember a time when people would hear something they don't agree with, would express that they don't agree and then move on with their lives.  There used to be speakers in the quad area of my college that I found ridiculous, the Black Israelites for example.  People would just walk past them.  No pearl clutching, no frothing response, just walk past them.  You're not wrong that the media feeds us what they want us to be upset about, and obscures what they don't want discussed.  Maybe adult humans can express a little autonomy though and not simply a Pavlovian puppet?

Sure, that would be nice, but that ship has left the harbour a long time ago probably. That being said, I guess most people just do as you describe, they express their disagreement and move on. Butker will vanish from the headlines, still kick plenty of field goals and XPs for the Chiefs while probably winning some more Super Bowls, Biden or Trump will invite him to the WH again, some people will still not like him and that's that. He will not become a second Kaepernick over that.

The point where it's too much for me is when folks sign petitions for him to be removed from the Chiefs, that angers me too and it's worth stating so. Aside from that, what about your outrage over people's outrage? You don't agree with what people say about Butker's speech, you could just express that and move on with your life too. Instead you smack them over the head with things said at pro Palestina protests. It seems a bit disproportionate too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - hollodero - 05-23-2024, 12:36 PM