Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(05-22-2024, 06:49 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: A normal player might accrue a season with 6 game left however a tagged player must sign the franchise tag by week 10 of the NFL season or else they are ineligible for the rest of the year even if there are 8+ games left on the schedule.  Bye weeks count so if a team plays 9 games then has a bye week on week 10, they would still have 8 games left on the regular season schedule they could play in + playoff games.   The problem is that if the tagged player doesnt sign the franchise tag by that 10th NFL week, it doesnt matter there are still 8 regular season games + potential playoff games that would count toward the 6 game accrued NFL season, that player would still be ineligible.

I do think it is highly unlikely Tee waits until week 10 to sign because he would lose over a million dollars for every week he waited.  That is a lot of money to flush down the toilet.  You also have to consider by that point you may have other guys in front of Tee like Burton and Iosivas that have been playing all year and might be having outstanding seasons.   Tee may have to come in off the bench as the #4 WR and provide depth if Burton and Iosivas become entrenched starters.  How bad would that make Tee look?  Realistically I think Tee signs the tag a week or two before the start of the season.

I don't see him holding out into the regular season simply because, unlike other FT players, he's coming off a bad year and another poor regular season showing will put him firmly in one year "prove it" deal territory for next year.  I mean, he played 12 games last year and was held to 21 receiving yards or less in 5 of them.  He needs a bounce back year to get anything close to what he wants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal - Whatever - 05-23-2024, 12:40 PM