Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-23-2024, 01:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You don't get it, if the left won't respect someone else's opinions, then wtf should anyone else respect the Left's? Calling for his Job is past the line of being respectful. It's cancel style behavior and completely unacceptable.

And with that, it got me thinking, just how many on here have called for someone else to be banned because we have a different opinions. 

I do agree with the idea that you don't have to respect someone else's opinions. I respect the right for someone to share their opinions, but there are plenty of opinions that I do not respect and some that I outright condemn. I caught part of a debate earlier in the week and it was a philosophical debate on morality. One of the participants was an atheist and the other was Christian. The Christian participant believed that God was the ultimate morality and subscribed to the idea that the Bible was an outline of this moral code. Thus, he held a very fringe belief that slavery, among other things, was not immoral.

This is an edge case, of course, and I have never heard anyone else with this line of thinking. Hell, it may have been a a scripted video so who knows. The point is that there are plenty of opinions not worthy of respect and I am sure you can think of several yourself. The ability to share an opinion and not be persecuted by the government, though, is something worth believing in IMO. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - KillerGoose - 05-23-2024, 02:13 PM