Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-23-2024, 04:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, but that's just not something I do very often, or ever. I can't recall a time where I reacted with "that person should lose their job". On the flip side, I am not going to be upset for someone losing their job by sharing a particularly controversial opinion. Private companies hold the power to fire you for nearly any reason they want and espousing your controversial opinions in today's age can be a very dangerous move that you need to calculate. If news were to come out saying that the Christian man was fired for believing that slavery is not immoral, I am not going to be up in arms defending him. To continue further, if someone on the left shared a highly controversial opinion and lost their job for it, I am also not going to be up in arms over it. 

Pretty much the same here, 
I think i'm not being overly clear about respecting opinions.

Respect the right that everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether it's wrong or right, doesn't matter, don't take those opinions personally. There is Billions of opinions on this planet, impossible to please everyone. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Mike M (the other one) - 05-23-2024, 04:42 PM