Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(05-23-2024, 07:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: Speaking of insignificant Johnsons, what exactly is it with you and Gary Johnson? You don't even strike me as a libertarian, rather a leftist-hating leftist just like myself. But maybe I'm just projecting.

I voted for Johnson in 2012 and 2016 and was hopeful that socially liberal or at least realistically tolerant republicans would reshape the failing party after their jingoism and catering to hypocritical "what's in it for me?" pseudo Christianity.  Unfortunately I was wrong and Trump ushered in a new era of even more hypocritical pseudo Christianity and shifting the endless warhawking to target other Americans in a response to people becoming rather desensitized to being sufficiently motivated by fear and loathing of people "over there."

Now I'm back to my 2000-2009 stance of being rather "meh" about democrats, but voting for them because they're the party that is interested in protecting or promoting social liberties that are important to me.  Johnson represented a bit of a hope that both political parties would give up on the social regressivism and get with the times, because "duh...free country you dopes" and the question between the parties would be how to handle economic matters.

But even I can snap out of idiocy eventually.  I get it, libertarians are hopeless, my bad.  That's what really soured me on the GOP.  In 2016 I voted for two republican governors for president and VP, but I'm just another disaffected loony libturd because Trump had been christened the most republican guy ever.  Reminds me of 2008 when I was dating a republican chick and I figured me saying that Ron Paul and Rudi Guilliani were my top picks for president would win me some points with her, but no, at that point those guys were fake republicans (resumes be damned) and the only republican who mattered was Sarah Palin.  

So my interest in republicans has gone like this:

PEOPLE - If you had a brain you'd vote republican.
ME - Ok, how about this republican?
PEOPLE - Not like that, you idiot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Nately120 - 05-23-2024, 09:36 PM