Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Bell or not ?
(05-21-2024, 12:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/is-it-time-for-the-cincinnati-reds-to-move-on-from-david-bell/ar-BB1mMYID?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=a39bd0802ba44abeb988d62d40e23535&ei=6

"Does this team need a change more than it needs David Bell? I’ll let you decide."

Like the author says, I really doubt Bell is on any kinda hot seat, yet. And I highly doubt barring a total collapse he's going anywhere this season.

But again like the author says why in the name of cuss words does he continue to run Mike Ford out there batting 3rd? Why does Bell continue to have Benson leadoff? Why doesn't Bell insert Fraley into more games? Hell with the L/R pitcher crap at all costs.

Mix it up Bell, try something different, try something against the grain. Put your laptop down and manage.

I'm not a Bell fan, but firing him probably doesn't help a whole lot.  Whoever steps in still has to run out a lineup with the likes of Maile (major regression), India (significant regression), Benson (sub 200 hitter, major regression, miscast role-player), Mike Ford (shouldn't be on the big league roster), Espinal (another AAAA player and major offensive liability), Connor Cappel (minor leaguer playing big league cosplay), and the Jacob Wildebeest or what ever the hell his name is (you guessed it, another should-be Louisville Bat).  This group will comprise more than a 3rd of the roster every game.  

Also Steer is playing like crap.  Also Elly is in a slump and pressing.  Candelario has been showing a pulse, but it's too little too late.  

The only positive thing about firing Bell is that it's a tangible change that can actually be made.  The roster and player performance are a way bigger issue and there's not a fix for those two things.  Not unless they want to make trades as SD did for Arraez.  I'm not sure how prudent that would be, either.  

As for the total collapse thing, I think what we're seeing fits that description.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fire Bell or not ? - bengalfan74 - 05-21-2024, 12:31 PM
RE: Fire Bell or not ? - samhain - 05-24-2024, 05:06 PM
RE: Fire Bell or not ? - bengalfan74 - 05-25-2024, 10:06 AM
RE: Fire Bell or not ? - TheLeonardLeap - 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
RE: Fire Bell or not ? - samhain - 05-26-2024, 12:12 PM
RE: Fire Bell or not ? - bengalfan74 - 05-26-2024, 03:32 PM
RE: Fire Bell or not ? - samhain - 05-26-2024, 04:32 PM