Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-24-2024, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And that's fair.  I've said many times that I don't hold these types up as representative of the whole in regard to these protests.  What does trouble me is the lack of condemnation and distancing from those people.  It's not the sentiment of the majority, but they aren't expending any real energy separating those people from them either.

I'm going to blow your mind here, at least in part.  You are absolutely correct that I call Luvnit out far less than the posters you mentioned.  This is not, however, due to selective outrage.  It's because Luvnit already has a legion of people who flock to his threads to point out his logical fallacies, clear biases and contradictions.  I don't think dogpiling on something that's already being addressed by multiple people is at all necessary.  But, as you point out, I do occasionally call out a post of his if he says something that hasn't been addressed by others or just struck me as especially needing a response.  

The people I respond to do not have that, and in fact have the opposite.  They all reinforce and defend each other even when demonstrably wrong.  Can you recall a post from one of them disagreeing with the other?  Ever, even one?  Dill went so far as to defend Fred to the hilt, and Fred was one of the most egregious actors this board has ever seen.  But if you think the way they do, if you squabble with me, then they will defend you to death.  You may disagree, although I believe you've noticed this too. And I'm not looking for a public confirmation from you, it isn't necessary.  But that's why I can be perceived in engaging in "selective outrage".  I'm sure opinions of others will differ on this, but that's the truth.

x2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Mike M (the other one) - 05-24-2024, 06:54 PM