Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-24-2024, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The people I respond to do not have that, and in fact have the opposite.  They all reinforce and defend each other even when demonstrably wrong.  Can you recall a post from one of them disagreeing with the other?  Ever, even one?  Dill went so far as to defend Fred to the hilt, and Fred was one of the most egregious actors this board has ever seen.  But if you think the way they do, if you squabble with me, then they will defend you to death.  You may disagree, although I believe you've noticed this too. And I'm not looking for a public confirmation from you, it isn't necessary.  But that's why I can be perceived in engaging in "selective outrage".  I'm sure opinions of others will differ on this, but that's the truth.

The mention of Fred jogs my memory a bit. I recall threads in which I disagreed with him (e.g., whether the concept of race had biological foundation). 
And he complained about me to the Moderators once. I don't recall him personally attacking anyone though.

But I do recall you doing just that, and far more frequently, viciously and even creatively than anyone else in this or any previous forum. 
Against forum rules you actually started a thread to "call me out" once. And put one of my statements in your signature, presuming
an automatic dill insult every time you posted on any topic. Luvnit occasionally calls me a "liar," but you extend the ad hominem to "hypocrite," "sock puppet," "racist," "antisemite," "ISIS/ANTIFA/Hamas supporter,"--the latter while complaining (without a trace of irony) of posters who so demand ideological conformity that they supposedly place you in the enemy camp over the slightest disagreement. That's a head and shoulders above Goldenarm9.  That's how you "squabble" with people and why others defend them.  

NO  ONE  ELSE  DOES  THIS. Yet when challenged on the bad behavior, you offer an amazing range of rationalizations for excepting yourself 
from the civil norms others follow, e.g., your targets deserve targeting or really called it upon themselves, or (my favorite) "because it's true." 

But you're going to talk about "egregious actors" as if they were all elsewhere, some other thread or in the past?  Hmmm. 

I did on occasion challenge you for bullying Fred. Once you claimed he was known for misrepresenting 
other people's statements, so I posted 9 specific examples of you doing exactly that. But that defense was on principle, 
not because I was defending Fred, the person. I don't think people should stand by while others are unfairly targeted and defamed. 
Which you frequently did to him, often when he was not present. Not that he couldn't stand up for himself. 
Not long ago I reminded you what happened on the Seattle CHAZ thread years back when you called him "childish" and he quickly presented 
you with a list of your own "adult" comments. No reasonable person could come away from that exchange thinking Fred was the "egregious" poster. 
I can find another example of Fred arguing patiently with facts and quotes while you simply attack his character. Time to get that memory hole fixed.

Lol Others have "opinions" on this. You have "the truth. Don't hold your breath for "public confirmation" of that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Dill - 05-25-2024, 02:00 AM