Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(05-23-2024, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I voted for Johnson in 2012 and 2016 and was hopeful that socially liberal or at least realistically tolerant republicans would reshape the failing party after their jingoism and catering to hypocritical "what's in it for me?" pseudo Christianity.  Unfortunately I was wrong and Trump ushered in a new era of even more hypocritical pseudo Christianity and shifting the endless warhawking to target other Americans in a response to people becoming rather desensitized to being sufficiently motivated by fear and loathing of people "over there."

Now I'm back to my 2000-2009 stance of being rather "meh" about democrats, but voting for them because they're the party that is interested in protecting or promoting social liberties that are important to me.  Johnson represented a bit of a hope that both political parties would give up on the social regressivism and get with the times, because "duh...free country you dopes" and the question between the parties would be how to handle economic matters.

But even I can snap out of idiocy eventually.  I get it, libertarians are hopeless, my bad.

Well, there's that, and also I have a hard time figuring you're the guy who believes in consumer pressure effectively replacing oversight and regulations or that a free reigning capitalist market is the best way for a society to go. All while social liberties probably is among the few things the democratic party actually fares quite well on.

Which of course is not to say that I don't understand finding Dems rather meh. They are just as responsible for the overall crappy system than the other system party is. Again maybe a notion I'm just projecting.

(05-23-2024, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Reminds me of 2008 when I was dating a republican chick

You have no boundaries.
And after that you probably just dated a libertarian chick, trying to lure her with all that sexy Gary Johnson talk. I have a hunch what forms your politics now.

Ps how absurd it now looks that this guy was scolded for not knowing what Aleppo is. Just to witness two Trump vs. Biden duels after the fact, for whom Aleppo probably is the guy that ate Biden's uncle or the place that harbors Hugo Chavez overthrowing the election.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - hollodero - 05-25-2024, 05:17 AM