Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-25-2024, 04:32 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well he's not around for years now. I too have a hard time believing that you cannot remember him being a bit of an ass, it might have been part of his whole sarcatic internet persona, but yeah. He was kinda smug, he called people names and employed quite insulting undertones, that's how I remember and that would be my witness testimony, that and that I usually agreed with him on the issues and hence wasn't bothered as much. I don't have receipts for it's way too unimportant for me to dig up year-old threads I can not quite remember any more. I also don't think it makes much sense to call you out over allegedly siding with him after so much time has passed.

I remember some obtuseness about the difference between saying "blacks" as in "Blacks vote Dem," and "The Blacks," as in "The Blacks vote dem."
And he couldn't figure out how "race" could be a social construction rather than a natural fact. 
But I don't remember him personally attacking anyone unless attacked first. Good as my forum memory apparently is, 
that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I don't click on every thread. 

I only dive into the subject when his name is dredged up to revise forum history, not to defend his legacy. 

(05-25-2024, 04:32 AM)hollodero Wrote: Maybe that could be a theoretical point of universal agreement.

There might be conditions under which I would, like Killer, be ok with firing a private individual for speech I don't like.
But offhand I can't think of any.  

Free speech absolutism inevitably involves people in double standards--sooner rather than later. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Dill - 05-25-2024, 11:55 AM