Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Big Divide Between Biden and Trump Supporters
(05-24-2024, 11:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think most Americans are happy with the choices available. Will the system change? Probably not in our lifetime. So we are stuck bandaiding every four years. Crap, we can't even give an independent debate time. What does that say about it all?

This is where you and I completely disagree, it seems...fair play and all, but I don't get this.  If you want an independent to win why would you ever want to support someone who is very good at convincing a lot of voters that our elections are a farce and are not representative of the will of the people?

I want 3 parties and more choices, but the way I see it Biden sucks but he's going to be out/dead in 4 years and there will be another election.  Trump's selling point is that he's the only man who can save this country and he's going to need more power than prior presidents to do so, and our elections are getting in the way of fixing our country because they're rigged against Trump.

I don't see this country being a 3-party one, but I sure don't see how handing the country back to Trump and tacitly admitting that he's the only man on the planet who should be our president is a step in the right direction.  Trump isn't saying "Americans made the wrong choice, and in 2024 they'll fix it" he's saying "Our elections are rigged and I won" so to me that opens the door to "Why even have elections if everyone wants Trump and the only way a democrat could beat him is to cheat?"

Elections are merely opening the door to disaster if you have that mindset.

EDIT - Well go figure Bels sorted it out in a more smart manner.  Kudos.

(05-25-2024, 07:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am thinking about Ben Franklin's words as he exited Independence Hall in 1787 and was asked by a citizen, "what have we got?." "A republic, if you can keep it."

Updated quote - What have we got?  A republic, unless people start to think handing our country over to one man will bring back Taco Bell's 99 cent menu.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Big Divide Between Biden and Trump Supporters - Nately120 - 05-25-2024, 02:16 PM