Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(05-25-2024, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh....maybe.  I'm not convinced this is going to swing things as much as some people hope it will.  Liberals policies outperform liberal politicians while conservative politicians out perform conservative policies.  If you let a red state for for abortion access, it'll win by 15 points but as soon as they face an election between a democrat who will protect that abortion access they just passed by 15 points versus a republican, the republican will win by 5+ points.

Issue 1 won with +13 points in Ohio, but even though Trump appointed 3 SC justice who overturned Roe Ohio will vote for him by 10 points.  I know swing states are what we are discussing since it really comes down to a handful of EC votes, but my point remains.  Voters are far more supportive of conservatives who have policies they don't like than vice versa.

Agreed. When people start setting priorities, many remaining pro-choice Republicans will rank that below 

immigration and the Biden crime family corruption which has destroyed our nation's economy, or whatever else
Trump indicates is a threat to our way of life.  

But on the dog vs man debate, that also might not be as concerning for Trump voters, especially rural ones.
I don't think shooting a dog that kills the neighbors' chickens is such a big deal. That would have been the
first option for most of the people I grew up around. I love dogs, but it wouldn't sway my vote an inch if 
Biden shot Commander. 

I grant that shooting a dog on 5th Ave. might create more NY outrage than shooting a white male, though. 
Residue of traditional gender norms. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Dill - 05-26-2024, 01:16 PM