Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(05-26-2024, 01:16 PM)Dill Wrote: But on the dog vs man debate, that also might not be as concerning for Trump voters, especially rural ones.
I don't think shooting a dog that kills the neighbors' chickens is such a big deal. That would have been the
first option for most of the people I grew up around. I love dogs, but it wouldn't sway my vote an inch if 
Biden shot Commander. 

I grant that shooting a dog on 5th Ave. might create more NY outrage than shooting a white male, though. 
Residue of traditional gender norms. 

There are about a zillion movies for all ages where buttloads of male henchmen get killed as a course of unexceptional routine.  I can think of two movies where dogs get killed, and both of them involve characters and audiences having absolute mental breakdowns.

Honorable mention for the book Where the Red Fern Grows because I remember our teacher reading it to us in 4th grade and crying so hard that she had to stop.  I was wondering what the hell was wrong with her, but noticed damn near all the kids in the class were as upset as she was.  This was a miserable old crone of a teacher who taught at a Catholic school too, so pretty much every other thing she said was pure god-approved venom.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Nately120 - 05-26-2024, 06:41 PM