Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(05-27-2024, 08:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting.  Time will tell, but I don't think Trump is particularly convinced that he's going to need to make a safe VP pick.  I think a lot of people who are going to vote for Trump are still going to do it regardless of who he picks as his VP just like a lot of people who don't like Biden or Harris are going to vote for that pair because...well, Trump.

This really gets to the heart of my biggest concerns with a second Trump term. When I bring up my concerns I hear people respond with "well, he didn't do that in his first term." Sure, that's true. But what we saw in his first term was that he was surrounded by people who were reining him in. He was doing things the way the RNC wanted in 2017-2020. In a second Trump term, the RNC is doing what Trump wants. He is purging the party of those not loyal to him. He has spent the past couple of years getting rules changes in place so that he could run roughshod over the field in the primaries. He is not going to be surrounding himself with people that will challenge him in a second term. They are trying to take us back to the spoils system, something we abandoned over a century ago for good reason.

His VP pick is the same sort of thing. He isn't going to be looking for the one helping him gain some GOP bonafides. He is looking for a sycophant that will support him no matter what.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Belsnickel - 05-27-2024, 08:35 PM