Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Someone doesn't understand Memorial Day
(05-28-2024, 04:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are other incidents that can be pointed to, but I agree that Trump is the more egregious actor.  Which makes the refusal to even acknowledge Biden's errors at all even more surprising.  It's like admitting he's done anything wrong, or that anything is wrong with him, is a full throated endorsement for Trump.  It's a double standard that is noticed by people outside of this board and is actively helping Trump win.

I haven't combed over this thread, but I think it comes down to intention.  Biden is, even to his supporters, a bit of an ungraceful type who is now old.  Biden was face planting with his words and actions when he ran in 1988, the guy is who he is.  Trump is also who he is.

Biden is to ignorance as Trump is to malice.  I don't think people overlook what Biden did so much as acknowledge that it was the unthoughtful action of a semi-well meaning person.  Biden has doubled down on dumbassery in a rather Trump-like manner, I just don't see that in this particular case.  I don't get the vibe that people who plan to vote for Biden have any illusions about his state or this situation.  Rather it's one of those "You moron...they're going to have a field day with this" situations.

Everyone does "wrong" stuff by accident, and it's smart to do as little "wrong stuff" on purpose because that way when you do something wrong by accident people are hopefully more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Of course, Biden isn't clean but that goes back to the 1 on 1 nature of politics now, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone doesn't understand Memorial Day - Nately120 - 05-28-2024, 04:29 PM