Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-29-2024, 04:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Aren't you a parent? If so, no idea why have to explain this to you. 

Being a parent is one of the best feelings anyone can have. 
Men and women are not created equally, women are anatomically designed to bring life into the world. 

The diabolical lies are that women are told that being a Traditional mother is oppressive because they rely on the man to financially support them, and that children get in the way of careers.  There is no shame in being a traditional stay at home mother, but with this entire thread, it seems that Liberal side is certainly shaming them for their choice. 

Btw, did you know that the number of Married and Educated Traditional moms has been on a sharp rise in the last 20 years?  More and more educated women are Choosing to be traditional stay at home moms for the betterment of their children while their children are young. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4855832/Meet-young-educated-women-proud-housewives.html
https://theconversation.com/mothers-education-has-a-powerful-role-shaping-their-childrens-futures-203539

Just to the two bold.

1) "ONE" of...

There is also the best feeling of being successful outside of the home, reaching your goals, traveling by yourself, etc.

When my parents met my mom was working.  They decided that when they got married dad would work and mom would stay home.  They are still married and that continues to this day.  (Dad is nearly 80 and still works part time because he wants to.) They raised two children and put us both through Catholic school even after dad lost his job when I was a freshman in high school.  That was the 80's.

My wife's husband and his wife swore they would never have kids.  They lived a pretty good life with both of them working and were built a beautiful home.  After our daughter was born they changed their minds and ended up with two great kids of their own.  But they still both worked.

I am a father of two.  My wife was working before I met her and continues to work.  While she was pregnant with our second child she started college and took seven years to graduate while still working.

She had many "great feelings".

Now we were in that fortunate group that had much family support.  Always had someone to help with childcare, for example. I had a job very close to home, with a very understanding boss/.owner, so I could leave and handle things like doctor appointments if I had to.

I missed ONE of my kid's events in school or church because of work...I got lost on the way home from a new customer.

I had many "great feelings" whether I was home with our kids while she was traveling for work or whether I was working too.

2) I haven't seen anyone say women should NOT be trad wives or "shaming" those who made that choice, let alone "though the entire thread".  

I've seen people say it is a choice and just because Butker or you think it is better doesn't mean it is.  I've seen people say they understand why he gave that speech because of who he is and where he was speaking but that he should also understand that many of the people he was speaking to and who heard the speech later would have different ideas.

My issue is that Butker and people like him are so convinced that their way is the only way that when someone speaks back about it they claim they are being attacks, shamed, etc.  It's an exchange of ideas. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - GMDino - 05-29-2024, 08:37 AM