Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-29-2024, 04:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Aren't you a parent? If so, no idea why have to explain this to you. 

Being a parent is one of the best feelings anyone can have. 

Sure I'm a parent. No idea what you think you need to explain to me about parenting. 

Or why.  Our disagreement is over your claim Butker wasn't "knocking either choice."  

But you seem to agree with me now, since one "choice" is based on "diabolical lies."

That's kind of a knock, isn't it? 

(05-29-2024, 04:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Men and women are not created equally, women are anatomically designed to bring life into the world. 

The diabolical lies are that women are told that being a Traditional mother is oppressive 
because they rely on the man to financially support them, and that children get in the way of careers.  There is no shame in being a traditional stay at home mother, but with this entire thread, it seems that Liberal side is certainly shaming them for their choice. 

How does a defense of gender equality = "shaming women for staying at home"? 

It does not. 

My quarrel is with the assumption that men and women are UNEQUAL. Why isn't that "shaming" women??? 

(05-29-2024, 04:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Btw, did you know that the number of Married and Educated Traditional moms has been on a sharp rise in the last 20 years?  More and more educated women are Choosing to be traditional stay at home moms for the betterment of their children while their children are young. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4855832/Meet-young-educated-women-proud-housewives.html
https://theconversation.com/mothers-education-has-a-powerful-role-shaping-their-childrens-futures-203539

I'd say "traditional moms" are on the rise in Egypt too. Women there have gone back to the hijab. Globally there is a
backlash against women's rights. Buckner's speech was just one point of darkness among many.

Your second link argues that women's EDUCATION plays an important role in children's success--an education that feminists fought for in previous generations. "Fought for"? My gosh, whom would they be fighting against?  That would be people who thought feminists and "leftists" were spreading "diabolical lies." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Dill - 05-29-2024, 02:02 PM