Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-29-2024, 02:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure what you're talking about.

Well, I took a moment to read the definitions in those links that you provided. How could coming up with a term to broadly generally stand for a group of like minded people that you don't agree with, and it's a nifty one at that "trad Chad" (It even rhymes!). Sure, it sounds harmless, as it doesn't have any of the words banned by "PC" society in it, but it's not unlike bypassing a language filter in a forum or any other standard of discourse.  I mean I'm sure that this isn't intended as a term of flattery or endearment. For example, I've never showed up to any gathering folks who lead traditional lives and heard the term "trad Chad" thrown around like a common salutation or anything.

Using trendy little language work arounds like "trad Chad" and "Karen" is no different than if someone were to say "We got a group of Yolandas in here making a fuss", in reference to a group of black ladies getting loud. It's hate speech, all the same.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - SunsetBengal - 05-29-2024, 03:44 PM