Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-29-2024, 01:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I.e. you want him to lose his job because he offended you, but you don't want to appear petty for calling for him to lose his job because he offended you.  

You're not the "token" woman on this board, you're, for whatever reason, the only woman (that we know of) who posts in here.  Also, the term bigot gets tossed around rather casually.

He didn't say men should do what's best for themselves either.  There's certainly a sweet spot between the 50's style paternal nuclear family and what we've got now where around a quarter of all children are in single parent homes. 

Who's making you turn over your fate to anyone?  A professional athlete gave a commencement address and you're acting like there's a bill before Congress to end woman's suffrage and take away your ability to open a bank account or line of credit.  

The point is I don't want him to lose his job for what he said. He is entitled to his opinion, just as I have the right to disagree with him.  He should only lose his job for incompetence.  And if his incompetence costs a rival of my favorite team victories I'm all for that. 

And we should wonder, why don't people like Butket ever talk to men about their lives, responsibilities, and what they need to do for "fulfillment"?  I can assure you that single parenthood is not all the woman fault but it seems like far too many men seem to think it is.

We have at least 2 judges on the Supreme Court who think like Butker do.  All Americans should ALWAYS be on guard for any situation that leads to hard-won rights being taken away.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - pally - 05-29-2024, 05:51 PM