Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-29-2024, 01:00 PM)pally Wrote: I don't want him cut because he is a misogynist and said stupid stuff.  I want him cut because he suddenly catches a case of the yips causing him to miss multiple field goals for the Chiefs leading to their 2024 losing record.

As the token woman on this board, I thought his speech was offensive to women.  I know plenty of conservative Catholic men who follow the faith and don't think like he does.  As a Catholic, he is supposed to believe in and follow the tenets of his religion as presented by the Pope.  He believes in a church that existed over 60 years ago, before he was even alive. Just like many evangelicals he is rejecting the mainstream of his religion while embracing the extremes.  And you have to wonder if he is using religion to justify his own bigotry.  He didn't word his viewpoint as if he was offering options.  He didn't say that the women should do what is best for themselves and their lives and he was simply reminding them of other options.  No, he worded it in a fashion that the big strong alpha male knew better what was best for them than they did themselves.  It was paternalistic and condescending rejecting the notion that those college-educated young women could think for themselves.

Women have fought too hard for the rights we now have to turn over our fate to men whose thinking hasn't left 1960

(05-29-2024, 08:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  

Yes, you want him to be incompetent so he is fired.  You want this to happen because he said something that offended you.

I seem to recall lots of people talking to men about their lives, people like Jordan Peterson.  That seems to upset you guys as well.

And we have three justices that think the way you do.  

[Image: apocalypse-now-marlon-brando.gif]

As to your last sentence, I completely agree.  I assume that extends to the 2nd Amendment as well?

Mellow

(05-29-2024, 03:01 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Luckily we all have women in our lives with opinions as well, so we can observe how fringe/cringe your take is.

Many I know do not try to tell me what other people are thinking, though my significant other professes to being able to read my mine with reasonable accuracy.
Why try to be The Amazing  Kreskin and claim to know what others are thinking just so you have something to attack? Unless that is the point?

Women fought too hard to be taken seriously for me to entertain this rant as reasonable.

Smirk

(05-29-2024, 09:06 PM)pally Wrote: no I don't...I want him to be incompetent so the Chiefs lose.  I wished that before I learned he was a jerk unfortunately, so far he has been more than adequate

(05-29-2024, 09:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: [Image: jack-sparrow-keep-telling-yourself-that.gif]

Nice complete dodge on the other points made, btw.

Mellow

(05-29-2024, 06:53 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Mind reading again.

An amazing talent...

Got any lotto numbers for us?

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - GMDino - 05-29-2024, 10:18 PM