Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(05-29-2024, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure I'm a parent. No idea what you think you need to explain to me about parenting. 

Or why.  Our disagreement is over your claim Butker wasn't "knocking either choice."  

But you seem to agree with me now, since one "choice" is based on "diabolical lies."

That's kind of a knock, isn't it? 

First: That's his opinion and you have YOURs (neither is a fact), my opinion, is he wasn't. We are going to have to agree to disagree cause I don't want to spend 5 pages on something that is opinion based. 

(05-29-2024, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: How does a defense of gender equality = "shaming women for staying at home"? 

It does not. 

I posted in my previous post, that they are frowned up on because they will be reliant upon the Husband to provide for them financially. That 100% flies in the face of modern feminism that says no woman should be dependent upon a man. 

No where does he say,  your wife is your pet. In fact, he's praising her for putting family first. 

(05-29-2024, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: My quarrel is with the assumption that men and women are UNEQUAL. Why isn't that "shaming" women??? 

I'd say "traditional moms" are on the rise in Egypt too. Women there have gone back to the hijab. Globally there is a
backlash against women's rights. Buckner's speech was just one point of darkness among many.

Your second link argues that women's EDUCATION plays an important role in children's success--an education that feminists fought for in previous generations. "Fought for"? My gosh, whom would they be fighting against?  That would be people who thought feminists and "leftists" were spreading "diabolical lies." 

*sighs, Males and Females are NOT anatomically equal, and they never will be. that is not a shame, that's a fact. 

That has nothing to do treating each other as an equal in all matters. 

WTF? You just compared being a SAHM to being forced to wear a hijab and other global women's rights issues? Do the women in the US have those same issues? very likely not. What you are describing is likely more cultural related than anything else and has nothing to do with Harrison's speech. It's just your attempt to make them look equally as bad. 

In the past, Yes they had to fight for rights, Right to own land in 1848, Right to vote. As far as I can tell for US Laws, they are granted just about every right i can think of that men have. And before you hit me with some exceptions yes there's always azzholes out there that don't respect anyone. And not all are worth pursuing legally as it takes time and money to fight them and that's not a man only thing. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Mike M (the other one) - 05-30-2024, 03:36 AM