Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(06-03-2024, 02:28 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Again, what was the point of bringing up women in Egypt when discussing Butker's speech? You were implying that it is the same or that he will push us back to the "dark ages" with his speech.  Both of which are false, i already posted statistics showing that the educated Millennial women are doing just that and we already know that it is good for the kids and the family. 

Why are you so against Gender-Roles that don't fit your criteria. Aren't Gender roles fluid? People adopt to the roles needed as time goes by.  Today they might be a college grad, tomorrow, might chose to be a stay at home mom (if that choice is an option), then the next week back to work. It's not uncommon at all. 

So what if he says that is their True calling (that's his opinion, not a law), you were smart enough to know that it might not be their true calling, are you saying that these educated kids that heard his message are to stupid to figure out what's best for them? 

I personally think that most women if given a choice would chose to be SAHM's and then go back into the work force at a later time. 

What Laws? His 1A rights? I thought he exercised those just fine. Did he break some law I don't know about? No one was chained to their chairs. They had the freedom to get up and walk away if they so desired. So again what laws were being broken? 

And?
There will always be resistance to any change. 

Butkers speech is only pissing you off, it doesn't piss me off, i know what he's trying to say and yes he could do a better job of it, but he specifically attacked something that you hold dear to your heart. If you gave a speech there, i bet there would be plenty of people that would not like what you had to say either. 

Him being Religious pretty much means it's going to not be an opinion that a Liberal life yourself will want to hear. So why torture yourself over it?

What's the matter, is it annoying? Ask Dino how old he is while you are at it, i'd hate for you to appear biased. 

I'll get my Denny's discount this year!  Smirk

I wish I got a discount for living in your head but I'm already there for free apparently.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - GMDino - 06-03-2024, 09:20 AM