Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs
(06-03-2024, 03:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Would you rather have Tee @ 26 million for next 4 seasons + 2 1st RD picks or Chase for 35 Million a year  for the next 6 seasons?

That's an interesting question for the FO to answer next season.

(06-03-2024, 04:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you'd regret that Tee deal very quickly. If Tee is indeed capable of being a #1 for a team like most of us believe, he's not a high end #1 (or elite #1). I don't think his ceiling is the type of WR that defenses have to change the way they play and gameplan to always have 2+ guys covering or risk getting burned for a TD and breaks far less tackles than you'd expect from a guy his size (only 2 broken tackles over the last 2 years combined).

He's also gets banged up a whole lot and hasn't played 70% of the offensive snaps since his rookie year when he played a career high 74.8%. Don't know if he can play the >80% that would be expected from a #1 WR to keep us from having Burton as our #1.

I think the goal should be 1 great QB and 1 great weapon and then fill in the rest of the weapons with inexpensive guys. Tee is good, but I don't know if he's "put the offense on my back all year" good.

It's a question I've asked a few times, and the simple answer is "Pay Chase because he's better". BUT we give Chase a deal similar to what JJ just signed and Team cap raises at its usual pace; it 2026-2027 we'd have 2 players eating up about 35-40% of the cap. 

It's why KC parted ways with Tyreek

It's why Minny can afforded to give JJ this contract (QB on rookie deal)

Something has to give. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs - bfine32 - 06-03-2024, 05:18 PM