Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs
(06-04-2024, 07:06 PM)samhain Wrote: It's an uncomfortable thought, but it might be worth thinking about what life would be like without Ja'marr or Tee.  It's not a very likely outcome, but it should probably be considered.  

26 mil is way too much for Tee through a the lens of last year's health and production.  35 or so for Chase is probably reasonable, but is it when you're paying a premium salary to a qb?  

One thing I trust this team to do is draft receivers.  Especially with early picks.  It's taking much less time for these guys to adjust to the league as rookies.  The rule of 3 years is a thing of the past for wrs.  Are a couple of early round rookies going to be on the level of Tee and Ja'Marr?  Certainly not.  Are they going to be adequate when paired with a top 3 NFL qb?  I would sure hope and expect so.

Not paying them also guarantees more resources to invest in the rest of the roster,  You could sign another top end DT if need be.  You could get a top corner in FA.  Maybe even a OL if they somehow manage to continue to underperform after all these years.  

Also, decent quality vet wrs aren't hard to find.  Boyd was available forever.  You can find pieces to surround the young guys with for budget prices.

I hope that Chase retires a Bengal.  I think he's the best wr in the league in terms of overall capability.  I just want them to keep an open mind if things start to look bleak.  Losing two players like Higgins and Chase would be painful, but I'm not sure it's the death sentence to the Burrow era that some seem to think.
I have no problem not paying both players but you need at least one of them to be on the team long term.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs - J24 - 06-04-2024, 07:14 PM