Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
and yet I like that the games aren't going 4 or 5 hours on an average. That was too boring and I refuse to watch a game that takes that long to play. I was a kid in the great baseball days of 1960's and games went about 2 hours. Pitchers went every 4 days and the good ones went complete games of few injuries and long careers. I think there are other factors why those pitchers pitched more innings, had short fast games, and fewer injuries compared to todays pitchers. Could be too many try to break the radar gun every pitch, that is not needed. Some of the best pitchers back then had curves, sliders, forkballs, sinkers, screwballs, knuckleballs and saved the heater for now and then, not the heater every pitch. Dibble had nothing but the heater, but he didn't last long. I think that 100 MPH pitch burns their arms out faster. They really need to learn different pitches like the pitchers like Whitey Ford and Bob Gibson.

Anyway, I like that the game is more around 2 to 3 hours and not that 4 to 5 hour crap. Players standing around looking at their shift cards was boring. I got to where I just refused to watch 4 to 5 hour games, I have a life. Bengals game is about 3 hours. It was where if Bengals and Reds both started at 1 PM Sunday, Bengals would be over and Reds still just in 5th inning. Baseball had to speed that up, baseball was never that long decades ago.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 06-04-2024, 11:39 PM