Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump and RNC riase almost 300 million in May, 2024
(06-04-2024, 10:45 PM)pally Wrote: PAC money doesn't belong to the Trump campaign.  The announced totals are the combined RNC and Trump campaign donations.  Coordinaion between thecampaigns and PACs are illegal

As much as you want to say they are illegal, and they are, it happens all of the time and is seen as common knowledge that PACs and campaigns coordinate on a regular basis. I get what you're saying, but that just isn't the real world and because it is something that happens across the aisle there is no incentive for either party to make hay over it. When I talk about the FEC being toothless and pointless, this is one of those reasons. There is so much of this sort of thing happening in federal races that just flouts the law and they do nothing because the political class is not willing to shine a light on something that can also be shone on them.

This sort of thing is why I am more of a government nerd than I am a politics nerd. I can't stand this sort of shit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump and RNC riase almost 300 million in May, 2024 - Belsnickel - 06-05-2024, 07:12 AM