Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins Is Praising Our Facilities!
(06-05-2024, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals have always been out in front when it comes to medical facilities. They were the first team to have an onsite MRI machine. Their trainers have always been top notch.  They may have cut corners here and there,, but not when it came to this.

Hell no, man. The Bengals doctor was, like, 80 years old and a buddy of Mike Brown's. Brown finally fired him once the guy completely whiffed on Okaying Antonio Bryant for a contract when the dude couldn't even run anymore. 

You may be thinking of Carson's rehabbing and coming back from injury, but I believe that was done by a non-team doctor and a lot of out of facility work, IIRC.

Bengals facilities and general way they ran their business has been bottom tier in ALL of sports for decades.... but gotten progressively better since Carson quit and publicly embarrassed the franchise. I would guess the NFL privately went to the Bengals and told them to start to modernize. The Carson thing was embarrassing for the league.

I remember shaking my head at (Roy Williams, I think) hard knocks interview when he showed up for his first Bengals training camp down at Georgetown and he was genuinely floored that that Bengals were making the players rent TVs for their dorms. Bengals just hadn't given a rip until the last few years.

TV rental prices in the lower section of this article a few paragraphs up from the bottom...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jenkins Is Praising Our Facilities! - PDub80 - 06-05-2024, 10:07 AM