Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation
(06-05-2024, 08:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Using the left's own standards the 01/06 riot was more "mostly peaceful" than many, if not most BLM riots. 

"The left" is a pretty expansive, flexible term, as you and Luvnit use it, creating amorphous actors claimed to say one one thing here 
and another there to produce "hypocrisy " and "cognitive dissonance" attributable to everyone collected in that giant bag. 

And you've ignored a request for definition.  So who knows whom you mean here  by "the left" or what by "the left's own standards." 

I don't feel like taking much of my valuable time to address what became the Right's #1 WHATTABOUT after 1/6, again. After all,
you are just free-associating this connection from Luvnit's claim THE RIGHT IS ON A MISSION TO BE PEACEFUL, easily refutable
by the Dear Leader's own behavior.  But I'll at least say this:

All the "leftists" I know, including actual leftists, don't think "mostly peaceful" is a decisive term of comparison
between protests against a a police murder, the vast majority with no violence at all, and an attempt to overturn
a valid election in the very seat of the US government.  

As if "violence" were the central issue and hypocritical "leftists" were ignoring that more windows were broken in Portland. 

As if spontaneous protests against police injustice eventually organized by people out of office were equivalent to an illegal attempt to overthrow democracy organized from the highest office in the land, in terms of the implications for the integrity of the US political system, especially rule of law.

That central "leftist standard" just disappears in Right wing apologies for 1/6, if it was ever visible at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation - Dill - 06-05-2024, 09:51 PM