Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol
(06-05-2024, 10:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But they don't, except in this one, very specific instance.  Hence the point you know is being made but are ignoring.

These "officers" are partisan actors shilling for Dems.  They're also the only LEO's the Dems attempt to lionize.  Pointing this  out is more than fair.

I don't disagree that these are partisan shills, but you are painting with a very broad brush, here. Most people, no matter their political leaning, are really just looking for fairness and consistency. The problem is that most people also aren't savvy enough (or maybe they are too lazy) to be more discerning in their information gathering. They form ad hoc opinions based in sensational media that is aimed at riling them up. So they perceive the actions of police to have been unjust even when they may not be, or they see minor issues as being blown out of proportion. Then, they paint with the broad brush like you are using here.

The whole "thin blue line" marketing, especially when it is done on Punisher skulls, has been a huge detriment to the community relations for police nationwide. Plus you have some of the changes in policing that have a negative image. For example, more and more police are going with the vest for their uniforms. Now, what does it look like to the average citizen? Very militaristic. What is it really about? Better weight distribution for the gear, but the average citizen doesn't understand that at all.

You know me, I really do try to see things from all sides as much as possible. Most Dems I know have no problems with police as individuals, it's all about the systemic issues inherent in our criminal justice system. But people are stupid and because LEOs are the face of that most accessible to them, they get the brunt of the ire. Then there has been a backlash from police, which causes a behavioral loop of jackassery
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol - Belsnickel - 06-06-2024, 10:06 AM