Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol
(06-06-2024, 10:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't disagree that these are partisan shills, but you are painting with a very broad brush, here. Most people, no matter their political leaning, are really just looking for fairness and consistency. The problem is that most people also aren't savvy enough (or maybe they are too lazy) to be more discerning in their information gathering. They form ad hoc opinions based in sensational media that is aimed at riling them up. So they perceive the actions of police to have been unjust even when they may not be, or they see minor issues as being blown out of proportion. Then, they paint with the broad brush like you are using here.

If you're talking about the Democratic party as a whole, maybe.  But what I've dealt with the last six plus years from that same party here is nothing short of an utter disaster and it is ongoing.  Also, while I acknowledge that the loudest voice are often amplified, I can't recall a single Dem of any prominence pushing back against the "defund the police", the criminal justice system is inherently racist, the police were crated to stop runaway slaves narrative.  It was years before anyone dared voice anything contrary to that, and the voices calling for it were myriad, right up to the eventual VP.

Quote:The whole "thin blue line" marketing, especially when it is done on Punisher skulls, has been a huge detriment to the community relations for police nationwide. Plus you have some of the changes in policing that have a negative image. For example, more and more police are going with the vest for their uniforms. Now, what does it look like to the average citizen? Very militaristic. What is it really about? Better weight distribution for the gear, but the average citizen doesn't understand that at all.

The Punisher skull is complete cringe for me, the thin blue line flags not so much.  If you want to display the latter as a show of support I really don't have an issue with that.  As for the harness, not much to add other than what you already said.

Quote:You know me, I really do try to see things from all sides as much as possible. Most Dems I know have no problems with police as individuals, it's all about the systemic issues inherent in our criminal justice system. But people are stupid and because LEOs are the face of that most accessible to them, they get the brunt of the ire. Then there has been a backlash from police, which causes a behavioral loop of jackassery

Don't we always here on this board how the GOP is complicit with Trump because so few of them stand up to him or push back against his biggest excesses?  How does that same logic not directly apply to this issue with the Dems?

(06-06-2024, 10:09 AM)pally Wrote: Your compatriots and you endured the actions of spring and summer of 2020 because other groups of your compatriots committed murder or caused the deaths of  innocent persons due to their actions with little or no recourse until thier communties rose up.  And before you get on your high horse.  I am not condoning their actions by any means. Understanding why something happens does not equate to support of those actions

Incorrect, other individuals, not other groups.  I'm sure you'll apply the same "understanding" to the people who think Trump is being persecuted as well.

Quote:And you like to claim that Democats hate cops...what we hate is bad cops.   And far too many of those are in departments all over the country.  

If you only hate "bad cops" then you guys really need to work on your messaging, because that's not what comes across.  At all.  Also, you'll please forgive me if I call bullshit on your claim seeing as I have to deal with horrible Dem policies on this subject on a daily basis.  Policies that harm the communities the Dems pretend to care about.  As for your "far too many" assertion, I'll call bullshit on that as well.  The number of bad cops is exceedingly small, just as is the number of bad employees in every profession.  The only time you ever hear about an LEO in the news, aside from the Capitol Hill officers, is when something bad happened.  So kindly provide proof of your claims or narrow your claim because as stated you're full of it.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-06-2024, 11:01 AM