Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol
(06-06-2024, 11:01 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you're talking about the Democratic party as a whole, maybe.  But what I've dealt with the last six plus years from that same party here is nothing short of an utter disaster and it is ongoing.  Also, while I acknowledge that the loudest voice are often amplified, I can't recall a single Dem of any prominence pushing back against the "defund the police", the criminal justice system is inherently racist, the police were crated to stop runaway slaves narrative.  It was years before anyone dared voice anything contrary to that, and the voices calling for it were myriad, right up to the eventual VP.

The Punisher skull is complete cringe for me, the thin blue line flags not so much.  If you want to display the latter as a show of support I really don't have an issue with that.  As for the harness, not much to add other than what you already said.

Don't we always here on this board how the GOP is complicit with Trump because so few of them stand up to him or push back against his biggest excesses?  How does that same logic not directly apply to this issue with the Dems?

Incorrect, other individuals, not other groups.  I'm sure you'll apply the same "understanding" to the people who think Trump is being persecuted as well.

If you only hate "bad cops" then you guys really need to work on your messaging, because that's not what comes across.  At all.  Also, you'll please forgive me if I call bullshit on your claim seeing as I have to deal with horrible Dem policies on this subject on a daily basis.  Policies that harm the communities the Dems pretend to care about.  As for your "far too many" assertion, I'll call bullshit on that as well.  The number of bad cops is exceedingly small, just as is the number of bad employees in every profession.  The only time you ever hear about an LEO in the news, aside from the Capitol Hill officers, is when something bad happened.  So kindly provide proof of your claims or narrow your claim because as stated you're full of it.

maybe but they are far too visible and impactful on the community unlike bad enployees in other industries.  I've also livd in enough differet areas where the county sheriff is the most powerful person in the county building their own little fifedoms, filling their ranks with cronies and nepotistic hires.  

You have large communities of people in every single jurisdiction, that have legitimate reasons not to trust the police.  Every action by a bad cop reverberates throughtout the community 10fold.  And you have a large number of police who don't trust their communities.  Every injury every death lreverberates 10fold throughout the police community.   Mutual distrust creates chaos and lawlessness

The paradigm won't change unilaterally

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol - pally - 06-06-2024, 11:54 AM