Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS MARVIN LEWIS' Mega Thread}
(01-06-2016, 09:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually just the opposite, Marvin has coached himself into being a good coach.. I would get tired of listing coaches that have failed in creating a winning team, with division championships and playoffs on this post.  Yes he has had zero success in playoffs as a head coach,, though he has a ring as an assistant coach but you act that is the only criteria for a good successful coach.. WRONG...  

I will take 112 wins, 7 playoff appearances 3 or 4 Division Titles  over many of the coaches that have coached over the years in the NFL....

I understand people wanting to move on from him,, that comes with the territory.. many good coaches get let go or forced out but to act like Marvin Lewis has not established himself as a good coach in the NFL in this 13 years is just being blind .

Finally true fans don;t give up on their team... does not mean they can;t be unhappy and want change.. but what you are asking would not only hurt the organization, the players but also the city that the team resides in.. If you want to be that type of fan move somewhere that is really bad like Buffalo.. longest run at not making the playoffs in the NFL something like 18 to 20 years....

All one has to do is read about two of your post to see...you have ZERO credibility (Hey, same as the amount of Marvin's playoff wins!! Who knew?!?!?!)

Yes many coaches fail to win games, divisions, and playoff games every year. You're right it would take forever to research and list them all, however the vast majority of all those coaches had crappy and less talented teams!!! The far majority of coaches who have been to the playoffs multiple times with GOOD teams have WINS in the postseason.

This makes Marvin's failures in the playoffs a far greater crime because he has had very good teams that underperformed and were not properly prepared.

My grandfather, rest his soul, always taught upon me from a young age, "there is no greater tragedy in life, than a man to waste his talents."

Marvin Lewis has now wasted six very talented Cincinnati Bengals teams, and counting. . . .
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS MARVIN LEWIS' Mega Thread} - ShowMeUrTDs - 01-06-2016, 10:30 PM