Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jurror May have violated Duties in Trump NY case
(06-08-2024, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The judge sent a letter to the Trump team and prosecutors after finding a post on Facebook from a person claiming to be a cousin of one of the jurors. The post said on day before jury decision, Trump was found guilty. It has to be investigated, may be true or may not be true. But if true, conviction may be vacated, and Bragg would have to retry the case or not.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-v-trump-judge-reveals-juror-allegedly-spoke-about-case-family-member-before-guilty-verdict

It is against the rules to discuss the case with family members as it could create bias.

I highly, highly doubt anything is going to come of this. This is a highly divided case and the likelihood of that comment having any validity to it is low. I'd bet hard money it was someone trolling or goofing around hoping to get some kind of reaction. The profile and comment have since been deleted. Hell, the comment was posted on May 20th, before the jury was even sent for deliberation. 

I've probably already spent more energy on this than necessary, but very high chance that the comment was fake. Investigate it to confirm that and let's keep moving on. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jurror May have violated Duties in Trump NY case - KillerGoose - 06-08-2024, 12:29 PM