Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kudrow under the hood look at jobs report
(06-08-2024, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bidenomics is not working in spite of how they like to point to it as a recovery of the US economy. Forget politics for a second. Voters polled say they are hurting. There is a disconnect as Biden's surrogates attempt to convince them they are not really doing badly. I suggest you read this article, it is filled with the underlying facts of the May job report and job reports for years.

You will find too many part time jobs added and full-time jobs lacking. You will find illegal immigrants have taken the majority of the jobs, in reality US citizens are losing jobs at an alarming rate. It is a great read and easy to understand and has facts to back up the analysis. I included a little bit of the article below.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larry-kudlow-look-under-hood-bidens-may-jobs-report-youll-see-problem

Once again, full-time jobs fell 605,000 in May. This is not a monthly problem — this is a long-playing record. It's mirror image: Part-time jobs gained 286,000. So if full-timers are plunging and part-timers are surging, that cannot be a healthy economic sign. Additionally, in just May alone, 414,000 immigrants, both legal and illegal, gained jobs, while 663,000 native-born Americans lost jobs. This discouraging pattern has been going on for quite some time, but the trend line has accelerated significantly during the Biden years.

Now, in terms of the ongoing Biden affordability crisis, if you call through the numbers over the past 12 months, the combination of average hourly earnings — that's wages — for production people — working folks — that times, hours worked, you get a proxy for their income, and that income number comes to only 3.4% increase, which is about the same as the consumer price index, which means they're not getting ahead of the ongoing inflation.

Indeed, over Biden's entire term, real wages have fallen while all these prices have exploded.

I think you are a lying, dog-faced pony soldier!   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kudrow under the hood look at jobs report - Mike M (the other one) - 06-08-2024, 06:19 PM