Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(06-07-2024, 01:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely a Bingo on that.

Super late to the party, but I hope many of you realise this is a wholly-American thing: in super-Catholic countries like Italy, France Spain, Portugal, Philippines, etc., not only are there not, "Catholic Unviersities," (I mean, there are private ones that are like an extension of Catholic High School, but not in the same way as American ones) but they don't have commencement speeches and they don't have people foisting their ideals on graduating students.

This is such a goofy, weird thing, like Proms, Homecoming, bastardized pizza and red solo cups.

LOL That speech is a mishmash of conflated untruths and conceptual errors with many targets--not just feminism and equality. 

What do you make of this "ideal?-- 

We fear speaking truth, because now, unfortunately, truth is in the minority. Congress just passed a bill where stating something as basic as the biblical teaching of who killed Jesus could land you in jail.

Who committed deicide--Romans or "the Jews"? And what bill? What Bible? Could I be jailed for saying "the Italians" crucified Jesus? 

Many of "the Catholics" take issue with Butker's "casual antisemtism." Apparently including the Church hierachy.
https://www.ncronline.org/opinion/guest-voices/casual-dangerous-antisemitism-harrison-butkers-commencement-speech
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Dill - 06-09-2024, 11:12 AM