Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol
(06-08-2024, 01:28 PM)samhain Wrote: I think they have a huge problem with police.  The non-passive ones anyway.  A few of the prominent Unite the Right organizers from the Charlottesville debacle were very active anti-police activists.  Like on terrorist watchlist anti-cop.

Also, there's at least one recent example of Neo Nazis killing cops.

Thank you for addressing the absurdity of that obvious attempt to equate law enforcement to white supremacists.

Quote:Most white supremacists hate the government in all forms.  This probably begins with the ATF (everyone hates the ATF), then various federal branches, then local.  

The ATF is disliked because they are mercurial and arbitrary, two character traits no one likes.  They also like to shoot people's dogs, which absolutely enrages me.   Yes, I am aware local law enforcement can do so as well, it's just not as prominent.  It still enrages me though.

Quote:It's a strange circle.  You walk fall enough left or right and eventually ideologies will run into each other.  It's also likely to get worse with the rising anti-semitic rhetoric on the far left.  Obviously leftists and Nazis hate each other by definition, but they are beginning to find common ground in hating Jews.  It's depressing as hell.

Also very true.  Extremists on both sides have far more in common with each other than rational people in the middle.  Who ever thought they'd see the day the the Ayatollah would praise US college students?

Quote:Personal theory: when demonizing Jews becomes prominent in the extremes of both parties, your country is in decline.  Anti-Semitism is the canary in the coal mine.  Various races are scapegoats all over the world, but Jews are universal scapegoats.  

Then Europe has been in decline for centuries.  I agree with your assertion that antisemitism is a universal, I just don't think its expression is necessarily an indication of decline.  Europe, as noted, was, and may still be, a hotbed of antisemitism all throughout its ascendency to the dominant cultural, economic and military force on the planet.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-09-2024, 01:12 PM