Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-09-2024, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It seems to me like it'd be a smart move for Trump to pick a VP who is popular and from a swing state that he needs to flip back to 2016 form if he wants to win.  It looks like Trump's picks are all from safe red states, or in the case of Stefanik, from a blue state that isn't in play.

Would it be fair to say there aren't enough loyal republican politicians in states like PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA, or even NV for such a move?  I know in PA our governor and both senators are democrats so that sort of takes that out of play for Trump's VP pick for example.  Side note, there is a poll-watching youtuber who made an april fools joke video that Trump picked Nikki Haley as his VP and THAT is the one that caused liberals to freak out.

Anyways, it's interesting how Trump himself has changed since 2016.  Then he had to balance the ticket with Pence to give the folks who were concerned about Trump's character issues someone saintly to say "This guy here...he's A-ok and I'll be with him" but now Trump himself is deemed to be the most saintly and just and honest guy there is so he just needs someone who will say exactly what he says and back up all of his talking points.  Have we seen this before?  Where the role of the VP isn't to balance the ticket, but to simply say "Everything the president is, does, and says is 100% right and I agree entirely and I'm just like him only I might happen to be a woman or a minority so you can trust us."

Ida know, can't prove that he wasn't.  Biden saying his uncle was eaten by cannibals is like Trump saying 2020 was rigged...he believes it, so he isn't technically lying.

Of course Joe never actually said his Uncle was eaten by cannibals.  He said his uncle was shot down in an area with actual cannibals and was never seen again.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - pally - 06-09-2024, 02:04 PM